Karren Bertola, BA, Board Secretary, Therapy Team with Jak
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Salt Lake City. I attended Olympus High School.
- Where did you go to school? I graduated from the University of Utah with an Art Degree.
- How did you develop a passion for the healing power of animals? I have done a lot of volunteering in the past. When I got Jak as a rescue he had a great love for people. I started researching animal therapy groups in Salt Lake and found Utah Pet Partners.
- What do you do for Utah Pet Partners? I am on the Board for Utah Pet Partners. I am an active therapy team with Jak and we have passed the Animal-Assisted Crisis Response training. I am also the Area Coordinator for Northern Salt Lake County.
- What’s your day job? My day job is retirement and I am loving it.
- Tell briefly about your family and hobbies. I live with my best friend Jim Smuin. We love the Utes and he is teaching me golf. We also play a mean game of ping pong. Jim is an unleashed member of Pet Partners, we enjoy the times that we have worked together.